One technique to keep from feeling frazzled each morning is to start your daily routine the night before. Sometime in the late afternoon or early evening schedule 30 minutes to an hour and look at your calendar to figure out what tomorrow’s requirements are. The simple way to start each day with less stress begins by answering these questions:
1. Do you know what you are going to wear? Is the outfit clean and in good repair? Do you have the right accessories (stockings, shoes, jewelry)?
2. What will you eat tomorrow? Most people want to have a more healthful lifestyle, but find themselves in the drive-thru line at Burger King or Taco Bell on a regular basis, simply because they didn’t have time to put together a decent lunch before leaving for work.
3. Who are you meeting with? Is there paperwork or information you ought to bring to the meeting(s)? Do you know how to get to the meeting place? Is there enough gas in the car?
4. What other appointments do you have? What preparations are required?
5. Are your kids and spouse aware of your schedule? Are there any tasks that you need to delegate?
6. Is your cell phone fully charged? Is the car charger where it belongs?
7. Are there future appointments you need to make? For example, we often let too much time go between haircuts and end up frustrated when we can’t get in to see our favorite stylist.
Try to schedule your evening routine earlier rather than later. By 10:30 p.m., you will be too tired to do this effectively.
Answering these questions the night before, can set you up for a less stressful, more productive day tomorrow.
What other questions do you need to answer to prepare for tomorrow? Share them in the comments.
Leave a Reply